When you step into a room of divas, expect to walk away informed, empowered and with a new attitude and fresh perspective. That is what a packed-house of women did at the 7th Annual Diva’s Day 2015 at the Hilton Garden Inn in Pearland.
Hosted by founder, Kim Mason, the half-day empowerment event, themed “Don’t Leave Anything Undone!”, provided a wealth of information on topics ranging from money management and fitness to self care for the working woman and setting yourself up for success.
Through her annual events, Mason seeks to provide “a place of love and sisterhood” where women can connect and empower one another.
“I started Diva’s Day seven years ago as a way to help other women. You go to a lot of seminars and a lot of times it turns out to be all spiritual, but I thought about having an event where women could come and learn something new and do things that will help them to improve their lives,” said Mason.
A number of guest speakers helped Mason to accomplish her goal, including Juanita Worrell, Stacy Lindley, Chrystal Rivers, MBA, Sharlotte Jackson, Kimetre Hopkins and Juanita Hines, who each pulled out all of the stops to deliver an afternoon of powerful insights.
If you missed this year’s event, below are ten Diva’s Day nuggets that women were able to walk away with.
- Take time to learn what you like and what your passions are.
- Develop intentional activities to maintain your physical, mental emotional and spiritual well-being.
- Try something new and don’t be afraid to fail.
- Ask for what you need and know your worth.
- Build professional relationships that are a win-win for both parties.
- Become an expert on selling yourself.
- Take that same energy that we use to tear each other down to build each other up.
- Find a hobby or volunteer cause that brings you happiness.
- Continue to date your partner and also create space for each other’s need for autonomy.
- Create or recreate how you want to be seen.
The event included several Mix & Mingle breaks that allowed attendees opportunities to network and patronize a diverse selection of vendors.
In addition to hosting her annual Diva’s Day events, Mason recently launched “The Gracious Diva’s Network”, a non-profit that will allow her to offer larger-scale networking events throughout the year.
For more information, visit www.divasday.org.[gss ids=”14447,14466,14463,14459,14460,14455,14464,14461,14456,14446,14457,14465,14454″]