Procrastination will steal your time but only if you allow it to. Putting things off steals time that you could use doing what needs to be done. What keeps someone from accomplishing their task? Excuses! An excuse just gives you permission to stay where you are.
You may need to clean the house, wash clothes, study, go back to school, or look for a new job. What is the hindrance? It may be you. You may be blocking your opportunity of going to the next level. It doesn’t matter if you’ve always been this way. You can change and I’m sure you want the change in your life.
Sometimes people get stuck because they don’t know how to change. You must decide not to stay in the place where you are. Your life can no longer be business as usual. This may mean that you need to change your friends.
Birds of a feather flock together but they also go to the same destination. Surround yourself with people that are where you want to be or those that are headed in the same direction. Have you thought about obtaining a mentor who is already in the place you want to be?
Cast The Vision
By saying, “I need to lose weight, I need to exercise” are all wishes. What sets you apart is writing it down. That will constitute a vision. “Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.” (Habbukah 2:2 KJV) This scripture states that your vision, goals need to be plain, meaning, clear and specific. The mind isn’t able to understand vague sentences. When you read your goals they should cause you to be excited about what is to come and you take off running with the plan. Here’s how to get started.
- Write down your goals (short-term less than 5 years and long term 5+ years) and be specific. Include a date you want to accomplish the goals.
- Write the steps that are needed. The steps need to be specific too.
- Put the goals in a place where you can view them daily i.e. refrigerator, phone with a prompt, etc.
- Choose an accountability partner who is responsible. This person will check on you to make sure you have achieved your goal. Share the goals with them via email.
Goal: To lose 15 pounds by September 30, 2014
- Exercise by walking Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for 30 minutes.
- Plan my meals and make a grocery list.
- Eat baked or grilled foods only. On Saturday or Sunday I can have 1 cheat meal. If I eat out I will choose a restaurant that has a healthy menu.
- Drink only water.
Procrastination is the Thief of Time