by Shonta Smith-Persley
As a travel agent, I am often asked by clients where they should travel for their next vacation. Dubai is becoming one of the top destinations that I recommend to clients who want to upgrade their travel experience. Dubai offers clients an unparalleled level of luxury. Buildings and mosques are adorned with 24k gold. Upon arrival clients receive VIP transportation service that includes a Rolls Royce Phantom to and from the airport. Clients may also reserve a VIP experience via waterway on the Dubai Marina. Xclusive Yachts offers a red carpet service which features a private yacht experience complete with comfy slippers and robes to lounge in on the deck.
Adventurous travelers do not have to worry about a lack of adventure in Dubai. The sandy desert is a perfect background for ATV expeditions, camel rides, and even a late night Safari BBQ. A trip to Ferrari World is every man’s dream, while women consider the Level Shoe District a shoe and handbag Heaven with streets paved of gold. Foodies at heart will find exquisite cuisine at every turn. Dubai boasts some of the finest dining establishments in the world. The Burj Al Arab Hotel offers guests a seven-star dining experience at many of the restaurants located inside the hotel. The Skyview Bar offers opulent style in the sky. The bar is situated 200 meters above sea level on the 27th floor. The natives of Dubai are very welcoming to tourists and help them remain respectful of their beliefs and values while visiting their beautiful country.
What To Pack For Vacation In Dubai
Extra duffle bags – These can be used for bringing back items purchased on vacation
- Power Adapter – 220V, 50Hz
- GSM Cellphones – A GSM cellphone that is not locked to a specific carrier will allow you the option to use your cellphone in Dubai. You can purchase a prepaid SIM card at the airport and use it in your GSM cellphone
- Clothing – Light colored clothing is preferable due to the high temperatures that can reach 140 degrees Fahrenheit
- Sunblock & Shades – Protect your skin from harsh sun rays
- Hijab – This is an item that can be worn by men and women. It is viewed as a veil that separates man, or the world, from God
- Men – Pack trousers, t-shirts, and shirts with a collar
- Women – Pack items that will cover your shoulders and wear long skirts or trousers. Keep a pashmina or sweater in your travel bag when touring and visiting mosques in Dubai. Covering up is only required when visiting mosques and religious areas
- Money – Small increments of USD is a good idea. You may also want to convert your money to AED (United Arab Emirates Dirhams)
Clients enjoy the experience of touring some of the world’s most memorable mosques. The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, commissioned by former United Arab Emirates president Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, is one of largest mosques in the world. It is layered with gold embellishments and topped with 82 white domes of various sizes. Dubai leaves people longing for more. Many clients even contact me while still on vacation requesting that I extend their stay because five nights abroad is not enough time to take in all that Dubai has to offer.
Client Sharon Matchett Scott says, “Thank you so much for helping to make our dreams come true. You are officially a part of our family now!”
Comments like this are why I love my job and enjoy sending people on trips that create lasting memories. For more info, Follow us on Facebook or Instagram @treasuredtraveldestinations #letmesendyoutoparadise.